Welcome to our blog where you can check out the artists exhibiting at Art at St Dunstan's.
This Bucks Art Weeks exhibition showcases a group of established artists and makers in beautiful, medieval St Dunstan's in Monks Risborough.


To see samples of the artists' work, click on their names in blue, on the right-hand side of your screen.


Please respect the copyright on all images on this blog!

WENDY FOWLER






For my recent body of work I have been inspired by the coast, sea, sand and especially the beach huts that can be found on our beaches; the beach huts in Wells are a particular favourite.

I use my sketch books to work through my designs, using layers of paper, tissue and cardboard to build up my surfaces.  I translate these onto thrown or hand built clay pieces which are painted with ceramic glaze colours. I like to paint in quite a free way scratching through the colours with a sharp tool. 

After biscuit firing to 1000 degrees, I paint a thin wash of black over the colours to bring out all the texture in the clay surface. I glaze the insides with a coloured stoneware glaze and the outside with a semi matt transparent glaze.

Each piece is unique as it is impossible to repeat the colours or shades previously used.


To see more of Wendy's work, please visit 
http://www.wendyfowler.com/